Warren Burkholder retired from Merrimack Business Appraisers in 2015.
Warren Burkholder retired from active Business Valuation in 2015. He now enjoys traveling, golf, and visiting his family.
Although retired from active Business Valuation, Warren is still a well known educator in the field, and is considered a valuable consulting resource for MBA.
- ASA, Accredited Senior Appraiser, The American Society of Appraisers
- MCBA, Master Certified Business Appraiser, Institute of Business Appraisers
- CBI, Certified Business Intermediary, International Business Brokers Association
- ABAR, Accredited in Business Appraisal Review, Institute of Business Appraisers
- MAFF, Master Analyst in Financial Forensics, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- CVA, Certified Valuation Analyst, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Real Estate Broker, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Division of Professional Licensure, Broker License #133753
- Merrimack Business Appraisers (Retired 2015), formed in 2007 as a principal and partner to provide business valuation, appraisal review, litigation support, and consulting services. As an appraiser I have valued over 790 small and midsize businesses since 1988.
- New England Venture Resource Group, formed in 1999 as President and acquired the assets of Merrimack Business Brokers, Inc., which was incorporated in 1986 and operated a VR Business Brokers franchise. The primary business activity has been business brokerage with additional services in consulting on the organization and transfer of small businesses. I have been the agent in over 100 business transfers; organized first New England data base of actual sales transactions; as a consultant have organized four startup companies, all of which have been successful.
- Andover Chocolate Corporation and Bartons, Inc. As President and majority owner of confectionery manufacturing business; organized an LBO for selected assets of American Safety Razor. Operations included franchise network of 50 stores, manufacturing, and national distribution of Barton’s Chocolates. Acquired specialty confectionery company with synergistic line of products; relocated production operations, introduced new premium box chocolate line that became #2 market share behind Godiva within one year.
- American Safety Razor Corp. President of Bartons; managed confectionery operations and participated in acquisition and consolidation of several small chocolate confectionery companies into a single operating entity in Boston, Massachusetts. Took a public company private. Relocated 400 employee operation from New York to Boston.
- Standard Brands Inc. As President, Curtiss Candy Division, (1200 employees) directed division through a major growth period during which both profits were increased from $4M to $18M per year and cash flows were increased to levels which were 3 times industry benchmarks. Introduced new national confectionery product, and consolidated operations, while making an acquisition of a new factory.
- Cadbury Schweppes LTD. President of Cadbury North America; consolidated manufacturing operations of 3 factories and led the acquisition of Peter Paul Candy Corp. a publicly traded company with 7 plants, 1500 employees and $180,000,000 in annual sales. As General Manager of Cadbury Division of Canada was responsible for major turnaround of business. As Vice President Manufacturing, built and started up Cadbury’s first USA chocolate factory.
- PVO International. Plant Manager of two different vegetable oil processing plants. Largest plant had 600 employees and 500 different products. Led plants through major reorganizations which led to turn around for the corporation.
- Procter and Gamble Manufacturing Company. Project Engineer, Staff Chemical Engineer, and Production Manager of Detergent Making, direct management responsibilities for operations, personnel and construction of synthetic detergent making, vegetable oil processing, and specialty chemical processing in Sacramento and Long Beach, California plants.
- US Army 1st Lt. Infantry Platoon Leader, Company Executive Officer, Company Commander, Staff Intelligence Officer. Served in Korea, Alaska, and Washington.
- University of California, Berkeley, California, BS, Chemical Engineering, Honor Graduate Army ROTC.
Business Valuation Education:
- Over 870 CPE Hours of training in business valuation and appraisal from the American Sociaty of Appraisers, Instutute of Business Appraisers, International Business Brokers Association, and others since 1986.
Previous Boards of Directors:
- Board of Directors, United Way, Hazleton, PA, 1978.
- Board of Directors, National Committee Prevention of Child Abuse, Chicago, IL, 1979-1982.
- Treasurer, National Committee Prevention of Child Abuse, Chicago, IL, 1980.
- Treasurer, Christ Church Andover (Episcopal), Andover, MA, 1986-2001.
- Board of Directors, New England Business Brokers Association, Worcester, MA, 1998-2001.
- President, New England Business Brokers Association, Worcester, MA, 2000-2002.
- Board of Governors, Institute of Business Appraisers, 2009-2011.
Expert Witness Qualifications:
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Boston, 1996.
- Family Court, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, 1998, 2001.
- Massachusetts Superior Court, Essex County, 2005.
- Massachusetts Probate Court, Suffolk County, 2010.
- California Superior Court, Santa Clara County, 2010.
- Massachusetts Superior Court, Norfolk County, 2011.
- Massachusetts Probate and Family Court, Norfolk County, 2011.
- Ohio, Fulton County Court of Commoners, 2012.
- Massachusetts Superior Court, Suffolk County, 2012.
- Connecticut Superior Court, Judicial District Litchfield, 2013.