Lou Pereira has over 25 years of relevant business valuation experience, including 12 years in corporate mergers and acquisitions,and 13 years in private practice. Lou earned an MBA and holds CBA, ASA, CBI, and CVA credentials. He is a faculty member of the AICPA, and teaches degree credited courses in Accounting and Finance at the university level. Lou has testified as a business valuation expert in multiple venues. He is an active member of the Board of Directors of the New England Business Brokers Association, a past member of the Board of Governors of the IBA, and course instructor for the International Business Brokers Association.
With his extensive background in business valuation, and mergers and acquisitions, Lou Pereira is well-practiced in his ability to identify and assess value.
Business Valuation and Litigation Support
And, as many stakeholders will agree, the best judge of value is someone who has actually been involved in selling businesses. Lou’s solid experience in buying and selling businesses gives our MBA clients a clear advantage.
- ASA, Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers
- CBA, Certified Business Appraiser, Institute of Business Appraisers
- CVA, Certified Valuation Analyst, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- CBI, Certified Business Intermediary, International Business Brokers Association
- Faculty Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Twenty-five years of relevant work experience in business, including sales, management, financial modelling, mergers and acquisitions, and business appraisal, including:
- Merrimack Business Appraisers, LLC., 2007 – Present. Principal in a business appraisal firm specializing in valuation of privately-held business entities for ownership transitions, gift and estate tax, shareholder dispute resolution, divorce settlement, ESOP/409A, and other matters.
- Herold-Lambert Group, Inc., 2003 – Present. President of a merger and acquisition advisory firm. Consult with buyers and sellers of small and mid-sized companies to value, package, market and sell the companies. Develop comprehensive business offering prospectuses including economic, market and financial analysis and value justifications; completed over 120 business valuations of small and mid-size companies, LOIs and Purchase & Sales Agreements across multiple industries; present, defend and negotiate analysis and conclusions with principals, accountants, attorneys, and other stakeholders.
- Hands On Technology, Inc. Vice President. Primary marketing and business development executive for a national software skills training company. Developed and implemented business plan and managed strategic alliances, and marketing channels to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Ad Pepper Media International, Chief Operating Officer. Launched American division of international marketing services company. Developed and implemented the company’s operating and financial plans for entry into the American Internet market. Managed company-wide analysis, planning and implementation initiatives; developed acquisitions and alliances; built and managed a nationwide sales, marketing and production force of 48 professionals across offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Miami. Managed $10.2M operating budget; achieved 200% performance against objective. Key executive in executing an Initial Public Offering (IPO) which raised $48 million. Member, Board of Directors, Ad Pepper Media USA.
- Bell Atlantic Information Solutions Group, Director-International Business Development. Held key roles in building new division/holding company from $0 to $68M; investment monetized for 567% ROI. Managed project teams in identifying, negotiating and closing startup ventures and acquisitions in Asia and Europe. Held leadership roles in over a dozen deals ranging from $500K to over $200M; handled all aspects of deals including: overall project management, target identification, partner engagement, financial modeling and analysis, valuation, due diligence, deal structuring, contract negotiations, financing, business plan preparation, executive team recruitment, launch and integration. Member, Board of Directors, Shanghai Advertising Sales Company.
- US Army and Massachusetts Army National Guard, Veteran
- NH Real Estate Commission, Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Division of Professional Licensure, Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Master of Business Administration, Babson College, Wellesley, MA
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude, Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Franklin Pierce College, Salem, NH– Taught degree credited Business courses in International Business and Market Research
- Visiting Instructor, Graduate & Continuing Education, Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA– Teach degree credited Business courses in Accounting and Finance
- Adjunct Instructor, Continuing Education, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH– Taught degree credited business courses in Finance
- Certified Business Intermediary, IBBA University, Chicago, IL– Sixty credit hour education program including M&A Transaction Analysis and Business Valuation with comprehensive exam for certification
- Certified Business Appraiser, Institute of Business Appraisers, Plantation, FL– Accreditation program requiring demonstration of a high level of professional competence and conduct, including 90 classroom hours of upper level course work, 6-hour proctored exam covering theory and practice of business appraisal, and peer review of two comprehensive Business Appraisal Reports
- Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers, Herndon, VA– The Society’s highest level of accreditation requiring education, testing, five years (10,000 hours) of full-time experience as a business appraiser, and peer review of two comprehensive Business Appraisal Reports
- Certified Valuation Analyst, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, Salt Lake City, UT – President; Member, Program Committee and Board of Directors of the Massachusetts State Chapter
- Past Chair, Education Board, Institute of Business Appraisers, Plantation, FL– Review business valuation course materials for CBA certification
- Past President and Current Board Member, Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council, Andover, MA
- Member, Essex County Estate Planning Council, Peabody, MA
- Member, New Hampshire Estate Planning Council, Concord, NH
- Director and Chair of Education Committee, New England Business Brokers Association
- Norfolk Probate and Family Court, Canton, Mass., November 14, 2011
- Middlesex Probate and Family Court, Cambridge, Mass., March 13, 2012
- American Arbitration Association, Boston, Mass., May 1, 2013
- Essex Probate and Family Court, Salem, Mass., March 31, 2015
- Private Arbitration, Salem, Mass., April 9, 2015
- Essex County Superior Court, Lawrence, Mass. April 23, 24 & 29, 2015
- Middlesex Probate and Family Court, Cambridge, Mass., July 13, 2015
- Essex Probate and Family Court, Salem, Mass., August 19, 2016
- Norfolk Probate and Family Court, Canton, Mass., May 16, 2018